The school fully expects students to take pride in their appearance. Our uniform has been carefully selected so that it is smart, modern and affordable. All students wear blazers and ties in Years 7 to 11. The uniform code applies on journeys to and from school as well as in school. Movement around the school should be quiet and orderly, as should travel to and from school. The Headteacher reserves the right to makes the final decision on what is or what is not appropriate in terms of school uniform.
Branded uniform items can be purchased through our approved suppliers
Tobe Uniform (Neston)
Cain of Heswall (Heswall)
Wirral Uniform Centre (Birkenhead Market)
- Black with the school badge (Year 7 New 2022 Badge compulsory)
- Plain, white, long-sleeved (short-sleeved acceptable in summer), button-to collar, suitable to be worn with a tie. Top button should be fastened at all times.
- No fitted or patterned shirts
- House tie, worn with the knot in line with the shirt collar.
- Optional. If worn, must be black V-neck with school badge only (Year 7 New 2022 Badge compulsory)
- Plain black, knee-length, pleated, straight or A-line type
- No stretch fabric / lycra skirts
- Black, traditional, plain trousers with a crease
- No jeans/tracksuit pants
- Black, sensible, low-heeled shoes
- No trainers or boots, no stripes or patches of colours other than black, no logos
- Plain black, no bows or lace. No over the knee socks.
- Plain black
- No more than one small, plain stud in each ear lobe for those with pierced ears. No other piercings permitted on any part of the body.
- No other Jewellery permitted, including piercings
- Sensible, plain coat
- No denim or leather
- To be worn outside only, not inside the school building
Full PE kit to be brought to school for lessons – no ‘own clothes’ permitted
- Boys polo shirt & unisex shorts (Year 7 New 2022 Badge compulsory)
- Girls polo shirt. Skort or unisex shorts (Year 7 New 2022 Badge compulsory)
- Long sports socks green with 'Neston' branding
- Unisex Hoody (Year 7 New 2022 Badge compulsory)
- Optional. Tracksuit trousers, Plain non branded.
- All items of PE kit must be Initialed in house colour by retailer
Other non-permitted items:
- Pinafore dresses
- Hooded tops (with the exception of those with the school logo for PE only)
- Nail varnish/false nails, shellac
- Make-up/false tan
- Brightly-coloured hair dyes or extreme hair styles