Parent Portal (Arbor)
We are excited to introduce you to our Parent Portal system, powered by Arbor.
Arbor Parent Portal is available through a traditional Web browser (PC, Laptop, Mac, Tablet etc), or through an App which can be downloaded on the Google Play Store or iOS App Store. When accessing Arbor from a computer, we recommend using the Google Chrome web browser.
If you have more than one child at Neston High School, you’ll have access to information for all your children, all from the same login.
This system, which can be accessed via the Arbor website or through the Arbor App, will allow you to do the following things:
- See your child’s attendance, behaviour and achievement data in real time
- View your child’s daily timetable
- Change your phone number, address and contact information
- Give consent for photo, data, medical and other permissions for your child
It is recommended that you log in for the first time on a desktop or laptop computer, we recommend using Chrome as your web browser.
Getting started for the first time is really easy. Please follow the steps below:
- To login into the Parent Portal for the first time, you need to read the email that came from Neston High School regarding the Parent Portal signup process. These are normally sent at the start of the academic year. Please check your junk folder. If you do not have the email, please contact us using the IT Support link below, or phone 0151 336 3902.
- The email will contain a link for you to click on that will take you directly to the Neston High School Parental Portal Arbor site. Click the link in the email.
- Click the “First time logging in” option in the bottom left corner.
- Enter your email address.
- Click “Set Password”
- Remember, you need to set up your Arbor parent account in a normal browser so that you can enter your child’s date of birth when the pop-up window appears.
- Once you have set your password, you need to agree to the terms and conditions to proceed to your dashboard.
Save the Link!
Once you have logged in, we recommend that you save the Arbor Log In page to your favourites or bookmarks, so you can access it easily in future.
Logging into the Portal or App once registered
Whilst you can access Arbor from a browser window on an iPad, iPhone or other mobile device, it works better through the Parent App or via the Parent Portal on a computer.
- Visit the Arbor login page or Download the Arbor Parent Portal App to your mobile phone or tablet either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter the password you set when you first registered*.
* if you have forgotten your password, click ‘Forgot your password’ and enter your email address. You will then receive an email with a link to click to reset your password.
When you have logged into the portal or app, please can you check your child’s details are up to date and you can also agree to medical, media and other consents, should you wish to.
Please Turn on Notifications! We would like to encourage all parents to make full use of the Arbor Parent App and to turn on notifications. This will ensure that your mobile phone will present you with an alert when you receive a message from Neston High School.
Top Tip - Switching between multiple Children
If you have more than one child at Neston High School, you will only be shown information for one child at a time. To change between children, please use the drop down menu pictured below.
Guidance and Troubleshooting
Full guidance and troubleshooting advice is available via the following link;
In the first instance, please visit the Troubleshooting tip from Arbor above. If you still experience problems accessing the Parent Portal please log the issue with our IT Services team using the link below. They will look into the issue, and make contact to assist.