Student Medical and Wellbeing Co-Ordinator
STUDENT MEDICAL AND WELLBEING CO-ORDINATOR
A vacancy for a learning support role as ‘Student Medical and Wellbeing Coordinator’ offers an exciting opportunity to work with senior colleagues to revolutionise the ways in which we support the most intrinsic needs of our students, so that all our young people are able to access and benefit from the educational opportunities on offer.
Working on a day-to-day basis with pastoral, SEND and attendance colleagues, you will collaborate on individualised plans to promote the physical, emotional health and wellbeing of students across school.
The successful applicant will:
• Work well in a team of multi-professionals to address health and wellbeing barriers to learning
• Employ both timely and effective physical, emotional health and wellbeing support for students
• Have the confidence and skill set to carry out mentoring and therapeutic approaches, where required, on a 1:1 basis to support students to re-access learning.
• Be the first point of contact for First Aid provision within school
• Maintain stocks of First Aid supplies
• Be the first response First Aider to classrooms
• (With administrative support) maintain health records and IHPs for all students.
• In medical emergencies, be the lead member of staff to liaise with the Ambulance Service, hospital and parents
• Attend health related meetings with colleagues, health professionals, the young person and parents as required.
• Complete risk assessments for students with physical, emotional health and wellbeing needs as necessary.
• Liaise with health professionals regarding student medical needs, medications, health checks and immunisations
• Dispense and record medication to students with IHPs as required
The successful applicant must:
• Have the capacity to be flexible and have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills
• Ensure a high level of confidentiality is maintained in all aspects of working with young people and their families
• Hold a full first aid certificate or be willing to attend training.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the headteacher.
Closing Date: Friday 2nd October 2020