Casual Exam Invigilators
Required from March 2022
Neston High school are looking to expand their dedicated team of casual exam invigilators.
The invigilators roles will start as soon as possible covering various external and internal exams throughout the year. This post is ideal for candidates who have had previous experience working in a similar role and who can provide professional support to schools during these critical times, however experience is not essential as full training is provided. As an exam invigilator, you will be working within a team of invigilators who will ensure that the exams are carried out on time and that the process of examinations is kept to a high standard.
• Ensure that students enter the examination hall in the correct manner and have good presentation.
• Make sure that students are seated in accordance with the seating plan
• Check that all students are issued with the correct examination paper
• Ensuring that students abide by the rules of the examination hall and that they practice the correct exam conditions. This includes behaviour, mobile phones, checking throughout the examination that no cheating occurs during, before or after the examination takes place.
• Good organisation skills.
• Previous experience is an advantage but not essential.
• Professional presentation.
• Effective communication skills.
Hours of work
• Exam invigilators are usually employed to work in blocks of hours either for morning, afternoon, or full day sessions.
• You are free to accept work that suits your availability and circumstances.
The holder of these posts will be required to work with children under the age of 18 in a position of trust, and is, therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Application forms can be downloaded from the school website and returned to Mrs Helen Leadbetter, PA to the Headteacher, Raby Park Road, Neston CH64 9NH or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org