Teacher of Mathematics
Teacher of Mathematics - TLR post for the right candidate
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Maths department of Neston High School in January 2019 or as soon as possible for the right candidate.
Neston High School is a heavily oversubscribed comprehensive school in Cheshire with an excellent reputation. We are seeking to appoint a well-motivated and inspiring individual to join an already enthusiastic and committed team.
The position would suit those new to teaching as well as those with wider experience as there is an opportunity for further responsibilities for the right candidate. The TLR post would be centred around enhancing monitoring and assessment procedures in place as well as assisting in enhancing the teaching and learning of the department. We therefore are seeking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner who can demonstrate a record of success. Hence the TLR2 salary offered will be negotiable upon background and experience.
Successful candidates would be teaching in a state of the art new building opened in September 2017, have the opportunity to teach up to and including A-level and work within a large secondary school where opportunities to further advance your career are therefore highly likely.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have strong mathematical knowledge
- Have the ability to raise student achievement and enhance student potential
- Be able to work well as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment
- Be willing to develop their own skills
- Have flexibility, camaraderie & a positive attitude
Key Aspects of the Role
- To deliver a series of structured and well planned lessons to designated classes.
- To monitor progress within classes and support those underachieving in order to raise attainment.
- Following schemes of work and delivering engaging, challenging lessons.
- Implement and follow departmental and school policies and practices.
To obtain an application pack please see below or contact Mrs D Edwards at Neston High School on: email@example.com or on 0151 336 3902.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st January 2019